Office Manager Policy

My photo
It is my responsibility, duty and honour to run a tight ship, keep people in line, keep them healthy and safe. My office is my world and my world is an ordered one.

Wednesday

Assessment and Goodbye

Theory into practice. Assessors arrive. Nerves. Must complete two scenarios and resuscitation. Consult notes. Know All has a story. Know All has wise words. Everybody sighs. Nobody listens.

Allocated number. One by one goes in. Comes out. Some smiles. Some indifferent. Basic scenarios. Resuscitation instructor is very small. Midget or Dwarf? Neither just short. He’s touchy about it. Note to self, don’t stare or make reference to size. Know All goes in. Me next.

Number called. Nerves. Greet assessor. Greet “casualty” – old woman. Tan. Receive instruction. Bandage knee. Woman helps. Attempt recovery position. Woman moves into position by herself. Not fair. All over. Move to resuscitation. Assessor is really short. Try not to look. Can’t help but stare. Looks like his Dads’ suit. Resuscitate. Dummy not realistic. No arms. No legs. Rubber wig. Smells like Marigolds. Assessor marks. I leave room. Don’t make eye contact. Can’t make eye contact. Too short.

Assessment over. All in circle. All pass. Certificate in post. I breath. I smile. Well done. Well done all. Everyone shares reasons for attending course. Most for work. Serial Course Attender is off on advanced First Aid. Thug training to be children’s football coach. Know All had baby son who died. He didn’t know what to do. Felt helpless.

Silence.

That is all…

No comments:

Post a Comment